WASHINGTON, D.C. – In case you missed it, Rep. Burgess Owens (UT-04) denounced President Biden’s weaponization of the Department of Justice during his Monday night telephone town hall with thousands of constituents across Utah’s Fourth District. Meanwhile in Washington, Democrats are fighting to bankroll 87,000 new IRS agents in an attempt to militarize the agency against Americans in all tax brackets.
“Within 90 days of the November election, we are not supposed to have interference like this. Go back and look at Hillary Clinton, Hunter Biden, and the Russian hoax – just to name a few – and none of that has been investigated by the DOJ. No one has been held accountable. That is scary. It is egregious abuse of big government power. The American people deserve answers.”
- Specifically, President Biden’s Department of Justice has:
- Labeled concerned parents as “domestic terrorists.”
- Tried to establish a partisan Disinformation Governance Board.
- Refused to enforce federal laws against protesting in front of a Supreme Court justice’s home as an attempt to obstruct justice.
- Failed to thoroughly investigate incidents of vandalism and violence at churches and pro-life pregnancy centers.
- Looked the other way on Hunter Biden’s wrongdoing, including money-laundering.
- Over the past 18 months, President Biden and his administration have ignored the worst border crisis in U.S. history, labelled 40-year high inflation as “transitory,” attempted to change the definition of recession, and refused to accept responsibility for their Afghanistan failures.
- Democrats in Congress are currently fighting to pass the “Inflation Reduction Act,” which according to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT), and other experts, raises taxes on Americans earning less than $400,000 per year and weaponizes the IRS by bankrolling 87,000 new agents to investigate law-abiding citizens.