Since the day I made the decision to run for office, it has been my goal to combat the terrible crime of human trafficking. Over 25 million people are victims of human trafficking worldwide, and the forced labor industry makes roughly $150 billion annually.
Congress plays an important role in rooting out those criminals responsible for human trafficking and putting them behind bars, while also helping reintegrate survivors back into society with compassion and empathy.
I am passionate about the multiple pieces of legislation I have supported to fight human trafficking, which include:
- H.R. 8672, the Trafficking Survivors Relief Act
- H.R. 6911, the No Travel For Traffickers Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6544, the EARN IT Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 8061, the Eliminating Limits to Justice for Child Sex Abuse Victims Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 7181, the Human Trafficking Prevention Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 5884, the Child Rescue Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6480, the Human Trafficking Awareness Training Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1198, the End Child Exploitation Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3996, the Empowering Law Enforcement to Fight Sex Trafficking Demand Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1527, the Homeland Security Investigations Victims Assistance Act
- Co-sponsored H.R. 5150, Frederick Douglass Trafficking Victims Prevention and Protection Reauthorization Act of 2021
- Co-signed a letter to the Department of Health and Human Services regarding harms that may befall migrant children, including human trafficking, and demanded to know what the Department of Homeland Security is doing to protect them.
If you see signs of human trafficking, call the human trafficking hotline at 1-888-373- 7888 or visit humantraffickinghotline.org.